Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Turkey Day


Hello- I lost the link to the blog (I am definitely computer-challenged) and thanks to Shannon for resending it to me. I read all the latest posts and my hat is off to you all (with great admiration) that are balancing kids, homelife and art-making!

I don't have any kidlets- just nieces and nephews- but also struggle with the balance issue as I am on the road teaching a good part of the year and trying to find balance with my own art-making and keeping an ongoing vital, alive relationship with my husband Dan who is very supportive but left at home alot.

One of the things I am trying is to sacrifice a bit of sleep and get up earlier to have some alone time for myself that is dedicated to doing- even if only for a half an hour- something that I really want to do- that I usually back-burner in favor of things I think I should be doing.

I'll leave New Mexico soon to visit family in FL and then finally home sweet home for the holidays. I'm enjoying getting to know you all.
Happy Thanksgiving, Dayle

2 comments:

Shannon said...

dayle-have a wonderful tgiving! thanks for sharing.

mary kinney said...

That's a great idea, Dayle, to give yourself centering time. I have great intentions of doing that, but can't seem to get out of bed early. I do plan to go to a mediation workshop in a couple of weeks, called. "All is calm, all is bright".....just the thought brings me peace.
goghgirl