Thursday, May 21, 2009

La Cascade

For the last five summer I have taught workshops at the beautiful artists retreat house in southern France, La Cascade. Last summer I was already there when I started working with Shannon as my creativity coach. I spent the summer in deep thinking- prodded by her inspiring questions and suggestions- while teaching the workshops and also camping for several weeks in the Pyrenees and Provence.
I'd think about my answers to her questions and ideas while at the campground at night or in the studio at La Cascade- and then find an Internet cafe to send my replies to her. It was a very fruitful time even tho I wasn't actually making my art.
I recently wrote a short article for Somerset Studio magazine on La Cascade which is in the current May/June issue. And I'll be leaving next week to be there again.
If you'd like to follow my journey there and the workshop experience- I plan to post once a week on my own site-http://www.dayledoroshow.com Then hit the Journal button. And I have more info there on the France page about my workshops there for 2010. ***Unfortunately I can't get a picture to load- I invite you to click on my Dayle's Flickr link on the sidebar at my site and there are lots of pics there.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Dayle-
Have a wonderful trip. I can't believe a year has already gone by. I am serious about wanting to be a participant. How can I sign up for next year?!

I can't wait to follow your journey. You inspire me and I thank you.

Katia Nyysti said...

What a wonderful oppty. Look forward to reading updates. Safe travels.

mary kinney said...

Dayle, thanks for sharing your fabulous experience! You are living my dream! Would love to be giving workshops in France, and writing articles.....guess I should focus on what I'd share:) I'm off school for the summer, so look forward to creating some new work. Will share soon.
mp