Friday, May 29, 2009

Partial Pile of Project Parts


Perhaps this pile of project parts is why I feel so scattered. Everything is only partly ... partly sewn up, partly knitted, partly stuffed, partly embroidered. My plants are only partly potted. The laundry, partly folded. The house is fully filthy... hey wait! That's one thing to feel complete about! Yippppeeee!!!
Okay... so I am making a "goalette" for myself (a goalette is a small goal that if not met, should not impart guilt on the goalettee.) Back to the goalette... by the end of the weekend, I am hoping to be able to post a picture of a pile of complete projects. If the goalette is met, I will be happy... if not, no worries.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

yo em-
love the concept of "goalette's". i'm going to join you this week. i can't say i'm going to finish projectS or i'll feel completely overwhelmed and fall to the ground. i will finish ONE project and let you know how that goes. i'm still trying to figure out how moms work, create, stay grounded and be present among all the responsibilities. YES...let's finish these half-finished projects and celebrate the house being a mess!! thanks for the inspiration. hey-i'm off tuesdays and thursdays now...can we knit? my place or yours or better yet...the park?

Dayle Doroshow said...

I LOVE the idea of the goalette! It's feels so doable and guilt free. here's a quote I like too- Goals are dreams with deadlines

mary kinney said...

loved seeing your piles....which only lead to inspiration, and hopefully, completion. I have piles of fabric, paints, and stained glass. My creativity pulls me into 3 different media directions. I'm thinking that's not such a bad thing, if I can focus on one at a time. Now that I am off for the summer, I definately feel less stress and am going to my basement now to work on glass.
mp