Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Artist Retreat Week


Today marks the official start to my vacation. I'm calling it my "Artist Retreat Week" - doesn't that just make you go "ahhhh". I can not remember the last time I had several days in a row to simply be on my own schedule, take my own time, and explore my creative projects.

I do have one intention for the week, which is to focus primarily on developing my on-line creativity class. I'm really excited about taking the doodles and scraps of paper ideas and making them more concrete. (Thanks to those of you who are helping me out!)

Another reason, though, for this much needed retreat is simply to create SPACE. I need a break from routine. I need to honor my natural rhythm. I need spontaneity. I need stillness.

I am embarking on new creative territory and I know that as I make some greater shifts in my life, staying centered and connected to my inner wisdom is essential, especially during moments where self-doubt wants to creep in.

So today, at the start of my "retreat week", I embrace this open space before me, and I remember what it feels like to live freely.

What does "living freely" mean to you?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

How cool--I so support your taking this time for your own creativity and rhythm! Thank you for being an example for all of us.

For me, living freely means letting go of the mind's chatter/worries/doubts and appreciating what exists in the moment. It is a daily practice.

peace,
Jenny

mary kinney said...

So glad I could be a part of your first day, playing with Kestan all day! For me, living free, means tuning my spirit towards nature....which then gives me creative inspiration..and if I'm lucky, time to produce.

Nancy Isabelle Labrie said...

Living free for me means being totally in the present moment, understanding and living what it means, letting go of suppositions and interpretations, feeling the unlimited possibilities offered throught that tiny little door...