Thursday, August 20, 2009

Flowers



Hi All ~ wanted to share two of my photos. One is a photo I took of two beautiful hot pink flowers in my sister's garden. The other is the same photo, but altered on the computer.... something I am having more and more fun doing!

I recently attended a celebration of the life of an amazing woman who taught me art when I was a child. Her spirit was like no other. She was a fearless creator, filled with joy and passion and love. I will never forget her and she has inspired me to keep striving for the same fearless, carefree, trusting approach to creating artistic works and to creating my life! As I played with the image of the flowers on the computer, I realized... there were no mistakes!

Peace ~ Cindi Saadi

5 comments:

Dayle Doroshow said...

Beautiful and so inspirational- will you print them out or use them in some other artwork? What program are you using-Photoshop or ??? Thanks for showing them to us- xo Dayle

Lindsay and Matt said...

those are awesome! thanks for sharing

Shannon said...

Wow...flowers is becoming somewhat of a theme these days. Love the photo and the artwork. Excited to see more. I like your inspiration and reminders to be fearless in our art and in life.

mary kinney said...

Thanks for sharing Cindi. I can see those in some fiber art....and pastel on black paper. There are no limits to creativity. (well, maybe time)

Cindi said...

Hi all ~ I did not realize you all had left comments until today! Thank you! Yes ~ what is it about flowers lately??? I used a program called Photostudio since I don't have Photoshop yet on my Mac. I'd really a feature that will make the photos look like a watercolor painting and this program does not have that feature. I used these and some other flowers I altered within a collage that is a "Muse" I had to create as part of a new training program I am in. I had so much fun seeing all the new moods and dimensions the flowers took as I kept changing them! Really interesting! Can't wait to try more! Mary ~ the fiber art idea sounds very cool too! Thanks again for the notes! Peace ~ Cindi