Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer of Intentions

This summer I had set some goals for myself to knit and design like a mad woman, to post on my blog like a mad woman, and to list items in my Etsy shop like a mad woman. Well..... life found its way into my mad intentions and many of my plans are still on the planning table. Today I realized that I could either get mad that my intentions fell short, or be grateful for the little things that did get accomplished and even more grateful that I had time to even dream about some of the things that I will one day get to! I decided to be grateful... and today I posted on my blog and this very blog, plus I listed on Etsy the first of many of my little knitted designs for Blythe dolls.... YIPPPEEEEE! THE PLANETS ALIGNED!!

4 comments:

Cindi said...

Yay for you! I want to acknowledge you for choosing to be GENTLE with yourself! I am personally really big on self-acknowledgment, which I am so happy you chose over being harsh with yourself. I believe that just by acknowledging even the simplest of things we did well, it helps those things to grow and grow and grow. That combined with your gratitude means you put some powerfully positive energy out there into the world for all of us too! Thank you for sharing and congrats on the posts today as well as the first knitted design on Etsy! Such talent! It all takes a lot of time and effort to keep up with, but I think if we keep focusing on the positive ~ it will grow!
Cheers! ~ Cindi

taffyyarn said...

Thanks for your thoughts and encouragement! I am excited to see how the rest of the little bit of summer goes!

Shannon said...

You inspire me everyday.

Katia Nyysti said...

Love your knitted design! As I return to our blog after several weeks away I too have found myself a bit "behind" on my madwoman intentions. Your posting and Cindi's reply so timely. One piece I have been sitting with is how time is so fluid and just keeps moving no matter what I do or don't do! What I love is that as time passes wishes and dreams continue to arise.