Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Little Red School House


In response to Ni's post...thanks for sharing the Montessori links!! I am in the process of visiting area schools so that I can make sure to get Kestan on a waiting list. I believe so deeply in the Montessori philosophy and it's wonderful to hear that you have had such positive experiences.

The photo of the colored pencils was actually taken at a Montessori school called "The Little Red School House". This is a darling, one-room school house that my sister-in-law started on a 20-acre plot of land in a small town called Hayward, Wisconsin. Click on the title link of this post to see a short video that shows the family coming together to make her sweet dream a reality.
Also, I so appreciate "The Creative Entrepreneur" link you shared! In fact, it was so inspiring that I've ordered the book and I'm going to take the on-line "PowerFULL Visual Journal" class this coming Tuesday. Would anyone else like to take it with me? See the link:

http://www.thecreativeentrepreneur.biz

2 comments:

Nancy Isabelle Labrie said...

Wow Shannon! This is a wonderful video for a super cute little school! wow!
Maybe you could ask your sister in law if she would like to do a correspondance with me between our 2 schools! We did that 8 years ago with a school in Mexico, I'm sure the children would love that!

I think I will register for the class on tuesday too... I just have to check if the time also fits for me!

big hugs!
ni

Shannon said...

great! i'll get in touch with meghan and get back with you on your idea. let me know if you can take the class tuesday.