Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sweet Potato Fries


I haven't had much time making art these days, but I've had some fun in the kitchen!
Since sweet potatoes have become a favorite in our house, I'm always looking for new ways to use them. My friend, Shirley, gave me this recipe and these were some of the best fries we've had.

4 cups water, for par-boiling
6 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into fries
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbs fresh sage, minced
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cracked pepper
2 Tbs olive oil

Pre-heat oven to 425. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add fries, let par-boil for about 5 minutes. Drain fries and place in a large bowl. Add the garlic, sage, salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly. Arrange fries evenly on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Turn half-way through the cooking time.

Yum yum. Or as Kestan says, "num num".

7 comments:

Nancy Isabelle Labrie said...

Great idea to share this recipe!
I've had similar fries in an excellent small restaurant near my house, they were really thin and completely excellent! We will try this recipe really soon...

Dayle Doroshow said...

I'm trying it out tonight- sounds fab-Thanks for posting it!

Shannon said...

Ni-great suggestion to make them thinner. i will try that next time. :)

taffyyarn said...

those would be a hit at our house... mmm!

Shannon said...

how did the fries turn out?

Corinne said...

I tried these over the weekend and not only were they easy they were num num!! Really really num num!
~corinne

mary kinney said...

Thanks for the recipe! I love sweet potatoes! The fine art of cooking:)
mp