Sunday, March 8, 2009

Time to get your felt-on!


Chris and I just recently celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. Our tradition has been that he makes me something with a butterfly theme (I love butterflies) and I give him some type of time-piece (He loves watches).

Well this year I got creative with some left-over wool and decided rather than buy him a new watch, it was more personal and eco-friendly to make him one!

I love how this turned out and I'm inspired to make more. In fact, I really like the idea of wearing a watch that doesn't tell time at all. We all feel like there's never enough time, but with a watch like this the time is NOW.

Anyway...I'm going to continue playing with this concept - watches that don't tell time. If you have any ideas or suggestions on either designs, or especially words to describe them...please pass them my way!

7 comments:

Lindsay and Matt said...

love it, shan. so creative!

Shannon said...

thanks lins!

Dayle Doroshow said...

I LOVE them too especially the concept of the Time is Now. Just play off the word a bit for different ideas.
Keeping time, saving time, running ou of time,time travel etc!

Shannon said...

yes dayle...i've been playing with...

setting your own time
protect your free time
the time is now
what time is it? time to play or
time to grow or time for love etc. and then each watch would be a different design, different theme and come with a different message.

taffyyarn said...

how bout "timeless"

love the watchless watch!!

how bout "watch the time less with this timeless watchless watch."

mary kinney said...

Congratulations on your anniversary, and very meaningful gift, honey. I'm reminded of the old chicago song, "Does anybody really know what time it is...does anybody really care?!"
mom

Shannon said...

mom-that is very funny that you say that about the song. jeff, lindsay and i are in the works on writing a song and making a spoof movie about some free spirit super hero that flashes into your life with a timeless watch when things aren't going your way. once you put your watch on all your troubles melt away.... :)