Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Beauty Around Us

I've been listening to Oprah's "Soul Series" on my Ipod. It is such a special treat every time I find a moment where I can sit quietly, close my eyes, and listen to the spiritual teachings of the amazing people she interviews. Teachers like Eckhart Tolle, Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Elizabeth Lesser, Rev. Ed Bacon and so many others, discuss topics like being more present, becoming an observer of your thoughts, connecting more deeply to your life, and awakening to your beauty and the beauty in all those you meet.

Today, I practice living more presently, letting go of this idea that I have to "get" or "go" somewhere. I will walk slower. I will breathe deeper. I will play bigger. I will listen better. I will stop and see, and appreciate, and be grateful for all that IS in my life. Right here. Now. In this moment.

If you are looking for an enriching way to restore and renew, take some time for yourself and enjoy Oprah's soulful webcasts.

For any fans of the show, "The Office", the actor who plays Dwight (Rainn Wilson) has started a really inspiring community called "Soul Pancake", and Oprah has a great interview with him, where he talks about art and creativity as a spiritual practice.

No comments: