Friday, September 11, 2009

Staying Focused?

Man, I'm all over the place these days. The more focused I try to become, the more ideas and inspiration flow through me. I'm SO grateful for yoga, because I think my mind would eat me up if I didn't practice stillness and try slowing down from time-to-time!

Anyway, as I bounce from yoga, to my e-course, to art with Kestan, I've been playing with a few t-shirt ideas (sparked by a recent screen printing class I took - so fun!). I'm doing some preliminary research on eco-friendly screen printing companies and organic wholesale t-shirts to print on for mama's and kids. Does anyone have experience in this area? Would love some feedback.
I'm excited about this project because drawing, especially on the computer, is very scary and uncomfortable for me. And since I am practicing doing more things that scare me and make me feel vulnerable, then I guess I should continue onward.
Question of the day: How do you stay focused and what creative project is whispering or YELLING at you?

4 comments:

Nancy Isabelle Labrie said...

Man, you say it!
it is such a challenge for me, this entire year has bees one big challenge! I am currently working on super "from creativity to consciuosness" classes that have been coming to me so intensly these last months... but, a part of me seems to want drama and keeps me in a lot of anxiety... I am looking for a much needed part time creative job (I think I've found it... SEND GOOD ENERGY EVERYONE SO IT WORKS!) and we are getting our first house built for us for the end of this year... I keep reminding myself to breath a lot, I meditate too... but I have to admit, staying focused ask for a lot of determination and courage... I know I have those qualities... but what I really am craving for is support, from a group of people with similar ideas and aspirations, LIVE! Writting this makes me realize I am just on that road... I thing I will go congratulate myself when I'm finished with this post!

And befor doing so... I want to thank you all for being there... even if we are all pretty far from each other, I really appreciate reading your stories and knowing you are all there somewhere, living creative lives!
have a GGRREEEAAATTT day! xxni

Shannon said...

Ni! What a blessing to hear from you today. Yes, me too, on all counts. Getting support from like-minded souls is so wonderful, and you're right, it's nice to find that support LIVE as well.

You definitely need to congratulate yourself! Let me know how you choose to do that today.

Sending all that positive, hopeful energy your way!

Also, are you on Facebook yet? I've started a new creative group where we will continue the on-line support...

And hey, thanks for the inspiration...I think I'm going to get off this computer now and go out and congratulate myself as well!

Dayle Doroshow said...

Wow, you two sound like you are really on a creative roll and doing wonderful things. Love the drawings Shannon. I'm trying to focus in on an exhibition piece for the National Polymer Clay conference in Feb in Baltimore. I'm one of the faculty and we are to do a BIG IMPORTANT piece for it. Of course that really puts the pressure on and I have had a hard time beginning (it has to be done by Nov 1). In fact just started today. I'll try to let you know how it goes-

Nancy Isabelle Labrie said...

I got the job!
youppi!
And, well last saturday, to congratulate myself, I decided to focus on those great things that are happening and, since I was sick, I took the whole week-end to rest and get myself pampered by my boyfriend and kids! And since then, I worked on reminding others the wonderful stuff happening in their lives!
So everything's great and anxiety is down! I'm happy!