Wednesday, July 15, 2009


Bonjour Babes! My second group is about to leave (tomorrow) and I will so miss sharing this special part of France, but "knock on wood" (or toucher le bois as they say here) I hope to do it all again next year.


Yesterday we went to Albi- a small city about an hour away. We drove thru sunflower fields that you can walk right into and photograph the bees that have landed on the face of the flower.


In Albi is a magnificent cathedral (1300's) with painted walls that are amazingly contemporary designs like modern quilt patterns and the Toulouse Lautrec Museum.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

i could seriously get on a plane today just to go see those sunflowers. so, is this the start of "your" time in france to play and rest and explore and create?

mary kinney said...

I second that! I just finished reading Julia Child's book My life in France. From the descriptions in that book, along with your posts, I feel like I've had a little taste of France this summer. I'd love to go.