Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Creative Growth....

Hello! As the ocean here in Delaware has finally been warm enough to venture into... I am finally stepping out of the shadows of this amazing blog and sharing my first post with you all. Shannon's urgent call for posts helped light a fire under me! I am a life coach, freelance writer and photographer, and budding artist! I am also passionate about music. First though, before sharing my post, I want to say how much I enjoy and am inspired by all the talented and passionate women in this community! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful gifts!

Below are photos of some recent creative projects and a funny photo of my dogs thrown in for good measure! Thank you for looking!

Cheers ~ Cindi


My homemade self-acknowledgment journal ~ my first venture into mixed media! I had a blast making these journals and look forward to improving upon them!


Greeting card with a photo I took of bob houses on Lake Winnipesaukee in NH.


Bookmarks I made using my photos, natural hemp cord, and beads. I have 20 different photos for these and 4 are included here.


Some of my most favorite photos to take are of the ocean ~ especially when she is in a WILD mood! It's a little hard to tell in this photo, but the sea spray here was quite impressive!

This was an old pillar jetty at our favorite beach that has since been replaced by a rock jetty. This jetty was fun to walk around underneath when the tide when out and look for sea treasures.


This is a favorite photo of mine of an old abandoned tractor by the side of the road in West Virginia. The colors of this card are much more bold and vivid, but somehow I could not capture this when taking the photo of the card. Any advice on better ways to display these?


And finally, a photo, for fun, of my favorite dogs. The smaller gray and white dog is my silly girl, Stella and her black and tan pal is my sister's dog, Evie. They are sweethearts who love the beach and have become quite comfortable lounging for hours under the umbrella. On especially hot days, we make sure to take some wet cloths in the cooler so they can get some chilly relief! What a life!

Thanks for letting me share! Cheers ~ Cindi

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Dear Cindi-
Thank you sooo much for sharing. I so enjoyed your post and do hope there are more posts to come! I love your photos and your "self-acknowledgement" journal is so cool.
Your beach photos are amazing...I want to go there right now!! You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful location. Kansas City isn't bad, but man I would love an ocean or some mountains! So happy we've stayed in touch.

mary kinney said...

Cindi, So glad to have you on board with your variety of creativity. I love the mixed media...exploring with that can take us in so many directions! And I really liked your eye for photography. Yes, I could feel the ocean spray on my face! I gravitate towards taking photos of old trucks when I'm on vacation, so I particularly liked the tractor. And the dogs, of course, adorable! Keep on posting your work.