Wednesday, January 14, 2009

How is 2009 so far?


Hi you all! I myself am having some trouble following my own advice about getting in the studio on a regular basis. I shared a couple ideas for establishing a Studio routine on my Journal page at my website and am not being very good about following my own advice! How do you all get yourself started in the studio? Once I'm going I'm usually okay but right now.....hmmmnnnn.... I could list a bunch of excuses why(several of them legitimate) but won't.

Love to hear your ideas, Dayle

2 comments:

mary kinney said...

Interesting picture Dayle! How do I get started in my studio? With teaching full-time, trying to get exercise, hubby, and a few other things...what studio time?! Rather than resisting these other things...I am trying to be like water, and flow with non-resistance. I am practicing some beading work for Lindsay's wedding dress. I figure just hanging out in my studio, doing anything remotely creative is a good thing. Even being in there and listening to my soft music...I'm content. For now.
mp

Katia Nyysti said...

I had a meditation teacher once share this story and it always help me when I'm trying to maintain a practice and find myself frustrated.

'A young student came to his Sensi and asked "How is it master that you never get off the path?"

The Sensi responded "Oh dear one I get off the path often. I just get back on real fast."'

Don't worry about being away from you studio just jump back on the path of your intention and enjoy being in the studio. I find that habits take awhile to be integrated in my life. Sometime I'm not as committed as I think I am, and at other times I have conflicting intentions which I need to resolve. I find that after 2-3 months all the rough edges usually get smoothed out and it gets easier and easier to get back on path.

I appreciate all your sharings!