Thursday, January 1, 2009

Tend to the Garden to Get What You Want


As I sit here contemplating the beginning of a new year I feel completely grateful for all of you!
Thank you for being honest and real and for valuing the vibrant energy that comes from *communing together.

As Dayle mentioned, the subject of balance seems to be an underlying theme in most of our lives. I know for me, that in order to gain more clarity and simplicity in this next year, I must focus my energy to regain the "balance" I so desperately need to feel spiritually alive! As I meditated this morning (while rocking Kestan to sleep!) the image of a garden kept coming up and I reminded myself that the only way to truly live the life I imagine, I must treat my dreams as I would a garden. We have to put attention to the seeds in order for them to grow and what do they need to grow? Dirt, water, sunlight, love, daily attention, space to blossom... If I neglect the "garden" - my dreams - then they wilt, they stop growing, or worse yet...they die.

What else keeps my garden from growing? Having too many gardens to tend to! So my intention for this year is to focus my energy and attention on fewer gardens, rather than doing a lot of many things and watching them grow only slightly, I'm ready to choose which of the many gardens I will tend to the most.

Now as I say this there is still fear within me and I know the fear of my garden not thriving can halt me from doing anything at all! I also know that the flip side of passion is fear and as a life coach said to me recently - "When you follow your passions you will always have fear. It's the ego pulling you back. So just accept that the fear will be there and go for it anyway."

Yes. For me...this is what resonates most for 2009...
1) Tend to my main garden with mindful, attentive, focused action
2) Do the things that scare me most - accept the fear and DO IT ANYWAY!

Peace, love and growth to you in the new year!

*to commune with: share one's intimate thoughts or feelings with someone or something, esp. when the exchange is on a spiritual level, to feel in close spiritual contact with.

2 comments:

Katia Nyysti said...

Oh Shannon I hear you about few gardens! This been a theme for me too as I've entered the new year. And somehow related to few gardens is the ability to prioritize what is most important to me right now. I'd rather attend to a few gardens with slow even uneventful days then a handful of gardens with chaotic motions.

Shannon said...

here here sista!! how is this going for you??