Friday, February 6, 2009

Fairies!

Hello ladies!
Well, I finally take some time to write! Yeah!!!
I want to show you what I am working on these days...
somethings that look like this:




I am very happy to show you... you will be able to see more on my blog at this address: http://lesmainsreveuses.blogspot.com/search/label/ (start with the last message!)
I have translated all my new messages so you can understand me!!! :-)

About being an artist...
How do you deal with this?
What I mean is... I've been fighting all my life to become what I thought was a normal person. With a normal job... And now I find myself back in my studio creating and having a lot of fun while doing this... with my 2 feet jammed in an uncomfortable fear of finally making a real living on this... But now I know I can't do anything else than being my own artistic self! No other choice! And you, how is it, being an artist in this world, for you?

Have a beautiful day, fellow artist babes!


xoxox
ni

5 comments:

Dayle Doroshow said...

HI Ni, I love this piece! It's charming. I have been earning my livelihood as an artist/teacher since 1991. It's been the greatest and sometimes the scariest. And the income can me "iffy" but for me the payoff is worth all the other insecurities. Sounds like you have already made the decision to go forward as a working artist and it might be vey helpful to find group of artists where you live to have as a support system- to discuss ideas and brainstorm and offer feedback on designs etc. We can also do that thru this blog!

Shannon said...

soooooo good to see what you've been up to. i love your new work and good for you for following your dreams of living the life of an artist. i'm so proud of you.

Katia Nyysti said...

I think sometimes it's hard to find ourselves in this world. Personally I feel like I've needed to touch and bump into a whole bunch of experiences, beliefs, and feelings to be able to identify what/who it is that I am. I'm surprised how challenging it can be. I'm glad to hear you're in your studio, finding yourself and I love your fairy!

Shannon said...

Ni-
I find that being an artist in my world is kind of hard, and yet, it is the only way I know. I sometimes feel like I don't fit in, or that my ideas, my beliefs, my values are different and don't necessarily match those around me. And yet, I think that's what it means to be an artist babe - to live each day being true to yourself. You go girl!

Nancy Isabelle Labrie said...

Thank you girls for your comments, and thank you Shannon for initiating this group! It's a good start for me and yes, I'll find other artists in my area for a 'support' group! Have a magnificent and magical day!!!
xox
ni
p.s. I'll put pictures of new fairies later on today... come and have a look!
http://lesmainsreveuses.blogspot.com/search/label/F%C3%A9es