Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pots




Hi ladies,


Yes I worked hard this AM. I signed up for what I thought was a monoprint class and found out it is a water-media painting class (with a little bit of monoprinting). In a class of 30 I think there are two of us who do not paint. So altho I am scared I am going to stick with it as long as I can. This week's assignment was to produce two painting 11x15" Abstracting a Form. We have to choose a theme for the semester- mine is vessels-(all forms of receptacles). So here are the first two. I couldn't get them all in the scan but it will give you an idea. We are allowed some collage so the black /white one is done with fabric and paint. Wish me luck on my first critique on Wed- YIKES!!! Dayle

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Dayle-
Good for you for sticking with the class. I know that scary feeling...like "what did I get myself into?"...ah...but what an opportunity to learn more and grow. Yee haw. And WOW...the work you've already done is stunning. Seriously. I can't wait to see more.

mary kinney said...

Dayle, I'm very impressed!! Love the mixed media, fabric and paint. I think your "accidental" class was meant to be, if nothing else to boost your confidence in a new media.
mary pat

mary kinney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katia Nyysti said...

I love these paintings! I love the colors you've chosen, the textures, the flow each vessel has. Look forward to seeing more. I'll be curious to see how the critiques go - always an interesting process. What type of feedback are you looking for?