Sunday, December 7, 2008

Embracing Motherhood


First off - thanks to all of you who have been sharing your posts. It has been such a wonderful treat to see the energy slowly percolating on this blog.  You all are beautiful and I truly believe that the support, compassion and enthusiasm born from a community such as this one is a small, yet important step in our self-discovery journeys.  I just love knowing I have a place where I can share my thoughts with like-minded, kind souls.  

This picture spoke to me today as I've been contemplating my role as a mother.  Never before have I known the joys that come from loving and raising a little human being.  I am in a place in my life where I'm questioning where I put my energy - the energy I put towards work, towards art, towards yoga, towards my family....  My priorities are shifting and I sense that I'm ready for and needing some big change.  This change has to do with work, with financial security, with creative freedom, with taking bold steps towards my dreams, and fully embracing the greatest job of my life - being a mother.

Whatever decisions I make in the next several weeks - this much I know for sure - I have made the commitment to myself to live more of a spirit-driven life, rather than an ego-driven life, and as long as I keep this as my intention, then all else will unfold.

No comments: