Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Life Long Learner

I am delighted to introduce myself and be a part of the  Artist Babes group, along with my creative daughters, Shannon and Lindsay.  I really must be a babe, as I'm also in a golf group called "Golfer Babes" and "Babes in the Woods".  This is a group of four dear friends who meet for a long weekend once a year, at a cabin.  This photo depicts my nature as a life long learner.  I've been an art teacher for over 30 years, and have been on several wonderful workshops including Arrowmont School of Art, in Tennessee; and a Georgia O'Keefe workshop in Santa Fe.  This past summer on my vacation through Door County, I was able to take a watercolor workshop from an artist.  In January, I plan to go to Iowa for a 4-day fiber arts workshop.  I think this blog affords us all the opportunity to share ideas, struggles and accomplishments!  - Mary Pat