Sunday, December 28, 2008

Greetings, Babes!

Jenny in the Mountains
My name is Jenny, and I met Shannon a few years ago through a painting group. I am honored to be an official Artist Babe!

I'm also very excited to meet people who live/have lived in Boulder, as I'm getting ready to apply to Naropa University to the Transpersonal Psychology in Art Therapy program. The painting I posted is an "intention" for my new year...seeing myself in Colorado by the end of '09.

I am currently a web artist and painter living in Kansas City and working at the Unity world headquarters, where I've been for almost 10 years (hard to believe.) I host a painting-for-process group, Breathing Color Studio, and am looking to make this kind of work a bigger part of my life and am ready to go back to school. Plus I absolutely LOVE Colorado, mountains, nature, etc.

Look forward to getting to know each of you through this blog, and I wish you a happy and creative new year!

3 comments:

Dayle Doroshow said...

I LOVE your painting- especially the color palette. Stunning. I am trying to really embrace bold colors in my new work so thanks for the inspiration! Dayle

Shannon said...

Jenny-So wonderful to see your painting and post here. I sense your excitement and I'm very excited to see where 2009 takes you.

Katia Nyysti said...

Jenny - So great to meet you. You will love Boulder. I'm already envisioning you there! Sorry for the delay in response - some how my email updates for the blog weren't coming through.