Friday, December 5, 2008

Yes, It's Time


Hi there Artist Babes! I have been so busy with the Holidays coming that I have not had time to sit and write on this blog. And yes, as Lindsay said....It's Time. Having three boys, ages 15,12 and almost 7, is definitely a balancing act. One that I absolutely love and would never trade for anything in the world, but some days I am just frazzled. I work 25 hours a week for an attorney and I teach knitting at the after school art programs for grades 2-6. I love teaching and one of the best parts about teaching knitting is they are all girls. Oh, the things we talk about! No, it's their enthusiasm and spirit. They wholeheartedly put themselves into their knitting. The girls are happy with the results of their labor with each new stitch they make. It is so satisfying to see this, but it especially makes me realize that as each new stitch they make is a treasure for them, so is each and every moment that we make a treasure to us and in that I find balance. Oh, it is still hard to come home and have my children and our dog and cat and bird wanting or needing me, but I find comfort in knowing that each moment that passes, each "MA" that I hear, each time that I clean and every meal that I make for us will be done with intention and purpose and because it makes us happy...it's the little things. I hope you all enjoy your holidays.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

hey girl-
glad to have you here. you're awesome.