Friday, December 5, 2008

Re-Energizing...again.

Hello everyone. I am here to introduce myself! My name is Angela Hoffman, and I know Shannon, Lindsay, and Mary Pat from growing up with them (but mostly from younger, observational, admirable eyes). My mother and Mary Pat are two of four 'Babes in the Woods'.
I graduated in May 2007 with a BFA in Painting and have worked on starting up a small retail shop [with the help of my older siblings] ever since. I have a rudimentary blog for the store: artemisinweston.blogspot.com so feel free to check it out.

The store has been filled with mixed blessings for me. I have knowledge about herbs and teas (and health) that I never thought I'd know, and I have learned an exquisite amount of information about starting and running a business. I've gotten to meet a variety of great people, reconnect with my family, and work on civic committees to organize festivals. But...it's not necessarily my 'dream' to stay in Weston forever (my creativity and energy struggle here), and I'm starting to look outward at new opportunities. Over the next few months, I'll be 'training' my new sister-in-law to run the shop and be finding a new place to call home. Besides painting and pottery, I'm interested in pursuing learning opportunities with permaculture gardening/ecosystems, massage and reflexology, philosophy/politics, and wood-working/home construction. It's wonderful to have the opportunity to connect with people who are working with their creativity in such a variety of ways. I look forward to sharing and reading and possibilities!

3 comments:

mary kinney said...

Love this photo, Angie. I too, love reading about other artist's and their joys as well as real life struggles with direction and the struggle for creativity time.
mp

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

i'm most struck by your phrase "my creativity and energy struggle here". it's so simple yet i feel like i know exactly what you mean. good luck with your next steps and good for you for realzing that when your creativity struggles - it's time for a change.
keep in touch and keep sharing.